Monday, February 1, 2010

OUR TOP 10 MEMORIES OF CHRISTMAS 2009

It's February (as of today) and I have only one of the top 10 to post (but at least I do have one!)
That is thanks to my husband, also known as prince charming in these parts. It is sweet and will have to do until we get the ravages of the last winter storm cleared away and can add more. Who knows, maybe the children will even make contributions.

Favorite Memory #1 by Tommy/Dad/Grandaddy/G'Daddy/Tomkat/Prince Charming

One of the most memorable things of the Christmas season was teaching Emma to sing "Jingle Bells". Each morning I pick her up and take her to the nursery. On the journey from her house to "Mrs. Mary's", we would practice. We could sing throught the song about fives times on our daily trip. Emma got progressively better each week and now enjoys singing the song (even though Christmas has long passed).

In January, I began teaching her to sing "Jesus Loves Me". One day she climbed up on the piano bench and said, "G-Daddy, play Jesus Loves Me". You guessed it. I got on the Internet and downloaded the piano music. It has been a long time since I tried to play anything on the piano but we have both practiced. Now Emma can sing Jesus loves me while I play it on the piano. I am wandering, do Emma and I have a future in this business?

No comments:

Post a Comment